Pros & Cons of Playing multiplayer games with friends you only know online vs. local friends
Created by Dantopia on 03/04/2010
What are the Pros and Cons of playing a multiplayer game with people you only know from online interactions, as compared to friends you have that you've met personally.
1. Can chat and learn things from people located in different areas than yourself
2. Much better chance to team up with people based on game skill, as opposed to personal friendship
3. Online community will be larger and much more knowledgeable about the game than you local circle of friends
1. You have no real way to know what the person behind the online character is really like
2. Social interaction is limited by the game mechanics
3. Even with vent or other voip services, coordinating team efforts take more time and can fall apart easier.