Pros & Cons of Switching positions
Created by anonymous on 08/16/2011
From Hospital CFO to Project manager of health systems in joint venture of current facility and another facility with potential to bring in other facilities
1. Continue to do what I love - system improvement
2. availability of resources
3. get to still work with current facility
4. remove myself from politics of the board of lay people that run the current facility. Hard to relate how complicated healthcare can be.
5. less stress
6. not bring work "home" to the same extent.
7. remain plugged in to same facility and friends.
8. do not have to relocate
9. Not have to justify adjustments due to changes in healthcare reimbursement
10. new opportunities
11. not have to deal with staffing issues
12. would not need extensive training, as it is a field I currently supervise.
1. lose control, power and status of current position
2. share loyalties with both facilities. Need to treat equally
3. Hard to stay and watch my old position be filled and have no real say in what goes on.
4. Currently (at times) feel compromised between doing what I feel is right and how the boss and board want the "numbers" to look.
5. getting harder to earn and keep respect of board who does not understand healthcare
6. scary to switch jobs - have a good reputation in my field.
7. leaving my loyal and talented staff
8. feels a little like a step backwards - tho I don't think it is.