Pros & Cons of Solar energy and solar panels
Created by mark on 10/01/2009
Solar energy is one of the best alternative energy options we have. As we continue to try to find ways to lessen our dependence on foreign oil I think solar power is going to become more and more important. There is not no reason we should not be engineering new homes and communities to integrate solar panels in their design and look forward to a day when we can harness some of the power of the sun instead of letting it go to waste.
1. Sunlight is free and completely renewable.
2. The production of energy from solar is very quiet unlike other forms for energy generation such as engines and wind turbines.
3. There is no need to be connected to a national power grid, it is possible to generate solar electricity in remote locations.
4. Solar panels take advantage of energy that would otherwise go to waste.
5. Solar cells can you save a lot of money on monthly electric bills.
6. Less dependent on foreign oil supplies.
7. Systems are very low maintenance.
8. The production of energy using solar panels creates zero pollution.
1. Panels can look ugly.
2. Large area is needed to achieve a good level of efficiency.
3. Cloudy days can affect the amount of energy you can generate.
4. Only able to generate electricity during daylight hours.
5. The initial cost can be very expensive solar cells.