Pros & Cons of Cell Phones in the Classroom
Created by SRehbein on 07/17/2012
Cell Phones are fast becoming a learning tool for the 21st century student. Should they be integrated into learning experiences?
1. Use of camera and video camera during field trips/excursions
2. Teacher can send out group reminders e.g. assignment due dates, what to bring to class
4. Find out information quickly (Google)
5. Office staff receive less phone calls because parents can contact their child directly on a cell phone
6. Voice Recorder. Students can record a teachers explanation
1. A distraction (students texting and/or Facebook/Twitter)
2. Students may use it to cheat on tests.
3. Hard to monitor all students to see if they're on task